Director of Land and Mines Office of the State Kelantan was established in 1913 and was initially known as the Office of Lands Superitendent Kelantan. At first these officials share with District and Land Office in Jalan Kota Bharu Hospital.
Starting in 1945, this office is known as the Advisor of the Office of Land and Mines until 1959. Subsequently in 1970, the office is known as the Office of the Commissioner of Lands and Mines until 1970. Starting in 1971 this office was known as the Office of the Director of Lands and Mines until today.
The jurisdiction of this office covers the entire state of Kelantan, where it covers 14 922 square km and is divided into 10 districts, namely Kota Bharu, Bachok, Pasir Puteh, Tumpat, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah Machang, Kuala Krai, Jeli and Gua Musang. On August 5, 2010, the launch of Small Colony Lodging YMM was completed by the Regent of Kelantan, Tengku Muhammad Faris Petra Ibni Sultan Ismail complete a new small colonies.
The whole office is solely responsible for the administration of land in Kelantan.